BRUSSELS, Belgium, and MOSCOW, Russia, August 27, 2015 – WABCO (NYSE: WBC), a leading innovator and global supplier of technologies that improve the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles, will showcase its most advanced technologies at Comtrans 2015.
WABCO will feature numerous leading safety and efficiency technologies from its portfolio of “industry firsts” and major innovations at Comtrans 2015, one of the industry’s largest commercial vehicle auto exhibitions, to be held from September 8 to 12 in Moscow, Russia.
WABCO will showcase its industry-leading MAXX™ air disc brakes (ADB) – the industry’s lightest and highest performing single-piston ADB for commercial vehicles. Superbly engineered and compactly designed, WABCO’s MAXX air disc brake technology fits any wheel size from 17.5 to 22.5 inches across light-, medium- and heavy-duty applications for trucks, buses and trailers. As a result, WABCO’s game-changing MAXX braking technology fits virtually every wheel size of commercial vehicles around the globe.
“We are delighted to announce that GAZ Group, a long-time customer and Russia’s largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles, will adopt WABCO’s industry-leading MAXX™ single-piston air disc brakes on new truck platforms,” said Dmitri Medvedev, WABCO Business Leader, Russia and CIS. “This additional major supply agreement with GAZ Group helps to improve the safety and efficiency performance of their next generation of trucks as we continue to increase WABCO content per vehicle.”
“At Comtrans 2015, we will demonstrate how WABCO’s technology and market leadership will further help commercial vehicle manufacturers and fleet operators to improve the safety and efficiency of trucks, buses and trailers in Russia, within neighboring key markets and across the globe,” said Medvedev.
As of January 1, 2016, electronic stability control (ESC) becomes mandatory in Russia for newly produced trucks, buses and trailers. At Comtrans 2015, WABCO will also showcase its ESCsmart™ technology, which improves the vehicle’s directional stability and helps to protect against roll-over and skidding – and in tractor-trailer combinations – it reduces the risk of jackknifing. WABCO’s ESCsmart automatically intervenes and immediately adapts to factors that affect vehicle stability such as changes to load conditions. Vehicle manufacturers also benefit from ESCsmart as it eases vehicle assembly and increases end-of-line production efficiency for new vehicle types, which means faster time-to-market.
Other differentiating WABCO products and systems on display will include:
- Industry-leading OnGuardACTIVE™ – advanced emergency braking system (AEBS) for trucks and buses that detects moving, stopping and stationary vehicles ahead. It utilizes a powerful 77GHz radar sensor that maintains the system’s high performance in all seasons. OnGuardACTIVE is capable of analyzing the traffic ahead, thus recognizing impending critical driving situations early. The system autonomously applies the brakes and can bring the vehicle to a complete stop, helping to prevent or mitigate rear-end collisions. OnGuardACTIVE is the industry’s first AEBS that complies with stringent European regulations now in effect and has already been homologated on various commercial vehicle platforms by several leading manufacturers in that region.
- Breakthrough mBSP™ – modular braking system platform (mBSP) enables commercial vehicle manufacturers worldwide to interchangeably equip their diverse global truck and bus platforms with anti-lock braking (ABS) or electronic braking (EBS) systems based on regional market or regulatory requirements. WABCO’s mBSP, an industry first, features the industry’s highest degree of standardization across both components and software of its ABS and EBS systems.
- Advanced OnLane™ – camera-based lane departure warning continuously monitors the vehicle’s position within lane markings. WABCO’s OnLane is an advanced driver assistance system that alerts the driver about unintentional lane changes via acoustic, visual, and haptic warnings. As a result, the system improves driver attentiveness, as well as overall vehicle and road safety. WABCO’s OnLane is fully compliant with European regulation and has already been homologated on various commercial vehicle platforms by several leading manufacturers in that region.
- Industry-leading Transics fleet management solutions (FMS) that help fleet operators to improve the safety and efficiency of their vehicles. Transics’ solutions allow online management of operating data for remote diagnostics, analysis of driver behavior and cargo care, among other functionalities. Transics also offers the industry’s first FMS that delivers a rich source of real-time information on the performance of the truck, trailer and driver – all integrated onto a single screen on the fleet manager’s desk.
- Largest network of aftermarket Sales and Service Partners in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) offers creatively customized, value-based solutions for vehicle operators. WABCO’s certified Service Partners in the CIS offer industry-leading connectivity for genuine parts distribution, technical and diagnostics support, training, and fleet services.
Headquartered in Moscow, WABCO Russia has a factory in Miass and a distribution center in the Moscow region, supplying makers of trucks, trailers and buses, as well as aftermarket customers. WABCO has been serving markets within the CIS for more than 40 years. WABCO Russia alone has five sales offices, 25 dealers, more than 160 authorized shops and more than 170 Service Partners across the country.
WABCO at Comtrans 2015
Moscow, Crocus Expo
Pavilion 3, Hall 15, Booth 15-151
Press Day: September 7
Public Days: September 8 to 1
Press Photo/Caption: GAZ Group will adopt WABCO’s industry-leading MAXX™ single-piston air disc brakes on new truck platforms. WABCO’s MAXX braking technology will be showcased at Comtrans 2015 in Moscow, Russia.
WABCO (NYSE: WBC) is a leading innovator and global supplier of technologies that improve the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles. Founded nearly 150 years ago, WABCO continues to pioneer breakthrough products and systems for braking, stability, suspension, transmission automation, and aerodynamics. Today, all of the world’s leading truck, bus and trailer manufacturers have WABCO technologies onboard. In addition, WABCO provides the industry with advanced fleet management solutions and aftermarket services. WABCO reported sales of $2.9 billion in 2014. The company is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, and has 11,000 employees worldwide. For more information, visit www.wabco-auto.com.
WABCO media contacts
Dmitry Zhukov, +7 903 725 8684, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tobias Mueller, +49 89 470 277 112, email@example.com
WABCO investors and analysts contact
Christian Fife, +1 732 369 7465, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +49-69 719 168 171